Thursday, March 5, 2009

Melanie's Inspiration Point challenge.

Melanie is in charge of a challenge at ScrapMatters.com called Inspiration Point. Basically, she found a non scrapbooking picture from somewhere on the web, and the challenge is to create a LO inspired by that picture. It's pretty open to interpretation.. you can just use it to get colors for your LO, do a blended photo, whatever you want. I loved the look of this photo, though, and I wanted to use the idea of the grey side and greener sides somehow in a picture. I love how my LO eventually turned out.

Here is the inspiration picture. Doesn't it look so cool?


I found this picture to work with. It's from our trip to the Sequoias last summer when everyone was here on the weekend of Emilly's blessing.

I started a new document in PSE, put the picture in, and got out some brush strokes. Then I layered a B&W version of the picture over the brush strokes in the top right corner, and then a green tinted version of the picture over some more brush strokes in the bottom left corner. It's kind of subtle, but I love how it turned out! Can you see the difference?

I really love my finished LO, too! Everything for the whole LO came from different Erica Zane kits. I love her stuff. And I think the page is so pretty!! What do you think??

No comments:

Post a Comment